Dr. Daniel Egbe
Phone: (501) 370-5232
Location: Titus Academic Center / Suite B / Room 205
Criteria for Admission to Degree Programs
1. Completed application form
2. Prepare and submit an essay indicating students reasons for desiring a major in the respective area.
3. Successfully participating in an interview with faculty members from the division.
4. An official transcript that indicates a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
5. A minimum GPA of 2.75 in social science courses.
6. Demonstrate basic understanding of computer skills and technology.
7. Students will be eligible to apply at the end of their sophomore year.
8. Students will be able to demonstrate consistency in class attendance.
Students should also be able to display appreciation for learning, be able to identify career goals and demonstrate an aura of professionalism.
All students with majors in the respective Social Science areas must successfully complete a written and oral comprehensive examination in their field (e.g., Political Science, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology) in order to fulfill the division requirement for graduation. These examinations will be offered in the fall (if there are potential fall graduates) and in the spring of each year. The dates and times for each exam will be announced by the Division by the third week of each semester. Students are encouraged to check with their major professor for all the necessary information relative to time, place, form and substance of each examination.
Philander Smith College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North
Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate degrees. The organization can be
reached at http://hlcommission.com/